Join Merlin now. Membership is FREE & Your partnership is vital!
So…What does being a “Bat Fan” mean?
In short, “Being a Bat Fan” means that you have made a conscious decision to help us.
- Protect bats and secure their environments.
- Teach others about bats and their contributions to our world.
- Combat needlessly negative claims and false publicity.
Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to go out crusading alone.
(Although, we will gladly support you if you do.)
We Give You Tools:
- Access to world class photos, taken by Merlin Tuttle. You will receive a coupon code granting you access to these images for free. (However, each photo download costs MTBC $0.51 for processing, so donations are greatly encouraged.) Use these photos to show your friends, colleagues, children, professors, neighbors and anybody else why you love bats.
- Newsletters. Periodically updating you with current information on what we’re up to, new blog posts, success stories and interesting bat facts.
- The “Bat Flash.” From time to time, we face immediate issues that directly affect our efforts to help bats. When this happens, we send out the signal. A “Bat Flash” alerts you to an immediate need for action and provides simple instructions on how you can help. Working together, we have a great deal of power and influence.
…and, We Listen.
- If you see a need to help bats in your community, tell us.
- If you have suggestions for how we can improve our efforts, let us know.
- If you see an exaggerated story scaring people about bats or a great story promoting the value of bats, share them with us.
Help Us. Help Bats. Help You.
Our Promise – As Merlin’s partner, you will receive access to the hundreds of photos available for download on Merlin’s website, as well as, news from the field, including new photos of bats and work in progress, and reports of new discoveries relevant to bat conservation. You will never receive high pressure phone calls, mass mailings or have your name sold or traded and may opt out at any time.